follow me

https://www.facebook.com/motherhoodandeverythinginbetween

Saturday, October 4, 2014

DIY:Fake water vases


I was at HomeGoods the other day. I picked up one of those fake water plants, thinking this is cute decoration..maybe I will get it....the price SHOCKED me...$180.00 for a vase with fake water!! At HomeGoods which is suppose to be inexpensive. I got to thinking, I could make that and so I have!!



Here is what you need:

Vase--use one on hand, but a craft store, get a the dollar store, check thrift stores--few dollars
Quick Water $7 (12.99 with 40% off coup from Michael's)
Flowers 4 dollars for a bunch (with 25% off coup)
Wire cutters (had a home)


The process: 

Get supplies together
cut flowers to make them the length you would like
Cut leaves to make them as or not as not "leafy" as you would like
Mix quick water according the the directions--the two bottles together in a plastic bowl (please READ directions)- STIR SLOWLY (I used a old yogurt tub to mix in and squeezed in in the middle to keep it from going on the sides like the directions said..just toss the yogurt container afterward)
postion flowers and let set for 8-10 hours
And there you have it for less then 10-20 dollars (depending on your vase).



Enjoy and have some chocolate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment