follow me

https://www.facebook.com/motherhoodandeverythinginbetween

Monday, September 29, 2014

Let's get organized

Happy fall!!! This is my favorite season. Warm drinks, cool air, soup, knitting...some of my favorite things. I also seem to get in a organization mood in the beginning of each season. 


I do not know about you but I just hate paper flow of disorganization!  I have tried many different system. Now that my daughter is in school, we get so many paper items. So I decided to try a new system. I love it so far, I have NO loose papers on my counter any longer.  I modeled off of this great post from the nest effect: http://www.thenesteffect.com/2011/10/october-project-conquer-paper-clutter.html

Here is what you need 
File folder box
hanging file folders
Print out of your monthly night time activities/tape
folders
Pouch
Super simple. Just make your tabs...if your interested in my tabs they:
Incoming mail
Outgoing mail
To file
Bills
reciepts
coupons
Grocery ads
recipes
Family members names
School work
Church/faith


After I made my tabs, I printed out a calendar on Word just putting in our monthly night time/weekend plans.  I taped the plans to my box, so it is easily seen by all.


Next for my coupons I used 2 folder. I use to coupon a lot more then I do now. But I still like to keep/use the ones I get. I put both folders inside the hanging coupon folder for easy access.

In one folder it is for retail stores. One side is for FREE items/rewards/vouchers and the other side is for any coupons I get in the mail.

the next folder is for resturants/actitivy coupons
-one on each side.

Lastly I put a pouch in for loose coupons, I use to be way more into couponing....now i just have a few here and there I do not want to loose. 


No comments:

Post a Comment