follow me

https://www.facebook.com/motherhoodandeverythinginbetween

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Happenings...

Its been a long while since I have blogged. So here is a bit of a update.

Halloween was a fun time. My daughter just loves dressing up and seeing all our neighbors. It was very cold this year. But she was set on getting a ton of candy, which she did.  My husband was a trooper and took her all over. My 2 year old and I did a bit and ended up coming back. He was not so into the cold. We spent a lot of time in September/ October visiting apple/pumpkin farms. Its one of our favorite family fall traditions. Fall is my very favorite season, and I just love the excitement of my kids when we do these things.  Apple cider, warm doughnuts and crisp apples...thinking about this is getting me excited for next fall.

Thanksgiving and Christmas were wonderful. My daughter and I  did all sorts of projects. cooking, crafts.  For Thanksgiving my parents came to visit. My husband and my Dad worked on some projects, we were thrilled to get some work done. My mom and I spent about 2 days getting our Thanksgiving dinner together. I was so thrilled to have them and my uncle/cousin come over for dinner.  Soon after Thanksgiving we got to celebrate my beautiful grandma in Laws birthday. Such a sweet occasion. Christmas was wonderful. My daughters love language is quality time (not unlike me) and she had all sorts of ideas with Christmas crafts, baking and gingerbread houses...which ended up falling apart. For some reason this is just one thing I can not master. But out of love of my daughter I do it each year.  The Christmas season is so joyful. I also made many gifts this year, boot toppers, chalk boards and silver trays, body scrub, soup jars and ornaments of course. My daughter, Mom and I made these beautiful nativity sets for Christmas too.

We had so many fun thing we do such as caroling with the girl scouts, holiday walk in our town filled with fun activities, a huge extended family Christmas party (that I vow each year to brush up on my holiday trivia and forget too), and a very fun cookie decorating/craft christmas party at my home with the girl scouts.  On Christmas eve we headed to my in laws early in lou of a storm that ended up not happening and spent the day there and on Christmas. Getting there early aloud us to see my sister in laws lovely new home. We had our 2nd annual day in our PJs. I just love being home on Christmas and taking it easy. Afterward we had a my favorite week of the year, The week between Christmas and New Years, my husband takes the week off and we stay home, go out to eat, take it easy after all the hustle and bustle of Christmas.

January was a rough month for me, I am a leader of many things such a bible study I hold at my home, AWANA leader, Girl Scout leader and active in my daughters class. Besides being a leader I am in other things such as Coffee break (bible study at my church), a titus 2 mentoring program through my church, ABF and a mom's group GEMS.  I ended up getting very sick for about 3 weeks.  I had to cancel or pull through a lot of things. Throughout the month I was just praying I would get better for our upcoming vacation to visit my parents/grandma and disney trip. Luckily I felt much better just a few days before we left and we had an amazing trip.

Superbowl sunday we had a blizzard which was beautiful, cold and dangerous. I love all the seasons, and I love a good snow day at home. We ended up still having friends over for the Superbowl.  I am not a huge sport person. I can appreciate it though. A lot of times I end up just knitting or doing a project when its on.  Anyway I did not do as much food as I usually do since we were getting geared up for our upcoming trip. But I ended up liking the low key-ness of it. I seem to over do parties sometimes since I just love planning parties, cooking and hosting any event really.

Which bring me pretty much up to date. My parents recently moved to Florida by the ocean. We have been going on a disney vacation about every other year or so since we became parents. This was our 4th trip in 6 years. This was our first trip driving the 18.5 hours to Florida. It was such a better experience then flying and having our car etc. I dreaded this drive for a very long time, but my kids were AMAZING. I have a 6 year old and a 2.5 year old. Anyway on the way there we drove it in 2 days and on the way home we did it in one day. We were forced to do so due to upcoming weather but it went well.  My kids were tired since we left at 5am and from the long trip so they napped a lot. We were in Florida for 8 days and disney for 4 days.  I will post about what worked for us in Disney and in the car.  Having a trip with grandparents was priceless! The memories that were made were so special. When I was a child my grandparents went on vacation with us or took just  the grandkids on vacation. Those are some of my most prized memories. Being able to have my kids have those memories with their grandparents brings me such joy.

Yes we were in Florida for Valentines Day, which was nice because the hubby and I got to have a little date without having to pay for a babysitter. It was a bit brisk that day but we ended up eating by the water for lunch, hitting up an art festival and just walking by the water. It was lovely to have that time as a couple (thanks Mom and Dad).  Especially after a busy week of Disney World and visiting family. I would have to say one of my favorite things has always been spending time with my grandma. She is my last living grandparent. As a child/teen I would always love a visit from my grandparents. She has always been a early riser, although I am not a morning person, I would get up super early to just chat with her. So spending this time with her was so meaningful. Especially since I lost my grandfather last year, it really made me see the importance of time. Isn't that the thing we are all wanting, more time. For me, it has always been real genuine quality time I crave with those I love. I think I had that with her and my parents.

We came back from our awesome trip Sunday about midnight. My daughter and husband still had Monday off and we spent the day getting things back to normal, unpacking, getting our dog etc. I loved our vacation, and I so needed a break from the norm of cooking, housework etc..but one thing that is so true is that there is no place like home.



No comments:

Post a Comment