follow me

https://www.facebook.com/motherhoodandeverythinginbetween

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Feb-April happenings

Well time does really fly around here. I am starting to agree with the statement "your kids are the age of  oldest child". We rarely have a dull moment around here.  We are excited to turning the corner on the weather front. Its kind of at the point were every few days we get a really great warm day. In March we kept super busy. Girl Scouts always keeps me (and my family) on our toes. March was our big booth sales, which this was our first year doing that. The girls seemed to really enjoy it. I, as the leader, enjoy that the girls are actually selling. There are some more rules about girl scouts then when I was a kid, they do not promote going door to door anymore.



March also brought St Patrick's day in which we made our traditional corn beef and cabbage. We also made some rainbows, which is fun. These past few months we have been lacking in the craft department. Mostly, because E is beat after school. She is like a train reck most days, we just need to have a cool down time. Also I have added a few things to help her improve her writing skills. She also started piano this past year so she practices often. She has been managing her time pretty well, but still needs so reminders. I made a little reminder sheet for her which has worked out well for her. Also R always wants to get right to playing with E when she comes home. That has been a bit challenging.

April has been going by quickly. First off Easter, the most amazing time of year. I just love the newness  that Easter brings. That we are all saved through what Jesus did for us, if we choose to accept him. It always amazing me the persecution  he went through to save us, the people being hurtful, physical pain,  doubt of his disciples...but he still loved us so much to go through all of it for you and me. Its like every hurtful thing I can think of, he went through at some point for me. Its amazing. Here we are getting hung up on our little hurts and he went through hurts we will most likely never have to endure. It really puts things into perspective for me.


For Easter my daughter and I had some fun making treats. We made these cheese cake cookies. Super simple to make the link is here:http://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/2014/04/02/fruit-cheesecake-sugar-cookie-cups/. We also made some chocolate covered peeps, which was a lot of fun and even more simple.  I recently got a double broiler which was nice for melting the chocolate. So much better I believe. I have done the microwave it works ok if you stir constantly. Also dipping the sticks in the chocolate to have the peeps stay on the sticks helped a lot. My kids hard a ton of fun with it.

April also has brought some yard work, birthday parties, girl scout field trips, projects at home, 5k for brain cancer, baby showers, a wake, a visit from lifelong friends, lots of meal making for those in need around me, PADS ending, bible studies finishing up, good bye parties of good friends that are moving soon.
 Currently I am finishing up a bible study at my home, we did The Best Yes. I really have enjoyed it. The most important thing I have picked up from it, and I have blogged about respecting peoples no's here: http://motherhoodandtheinbetween.blogspot.com/2014/06/no-means-no.html , is not to delay your No answers, respect others No's and not to answer right away (pray first) but as soon as you know the answer respond.

Last weekend my neighbors and I threw a bird themed shower for a wonderful couple that we have become great friend with, they adopted a little girl. The shower bird themed. It was just perfect I believe, I just love the way we all worked together. I was in charge of the favors, I made these bird seed favors. Very easy to make, the directions are here: http://www.pinkpistachio.com/homemade-birdfeeder/. Others did a bird themed trivia game, a sign in sheet and the S and our craft was making a block set for the family.


Early in the year I finished up a study at my church on Gideon with Pricilla Shier, I really enjoyed. Right now we are finishing up a study called "Conversation Piece" It really has challenged me to be more intentional with my speech. I have loved it, I recommend it.

We are also finishing up AWANA in May  that my whole family attends, AWANA has a been a blessing to my whole family. Seeing my children's spiritual growth through AWANA and other sources has been amazing. I have gained some great relationships through AWANA and the children that are impacted. They are really writing God's word in their hearts.  I really see God working through this ministry.

May is going to bring some slow down with the end of school. We are all looking forward to some summer plans we have coming up, swim lessons, swimming, camps, VBS, camping, visiting family. It will be a fun filled summer.





No comments:

Post a Comment