follow me

https://www.facebook.com/motherhoodandeverythinginbetween

Monday, September 22, 2014

DIY hand painted sign


I have been wanting to make a DIY painted sign for years! Not sure why it took so long...must be the little ones running around and sheer exhaustion during nap time with lack of sleep. But I finally got the chance. This is a super easy project and may even go on my wish to sell one of these days when I get myself together and get a etsy shop going....Anyway here is the how too...

Need:
Long Board, this one was about eight feet (really whatever size thin board that will fit your space, it was bought at home depot)
White or off white paint
Paint markers, I used black
Print out in the type of font/size you want (I just made in on word)
Scissors
Pen or Pencil
Steady hand
backing (bought at home depot)

The process:

1.Paint board the color you would like.
2. Let dry completely (couple hours..great time to have a warm drink and grab some quiet time)
3. print out your saying mine says "In Christ alone my hope is found"
4. Tape saying to board
5. Trace works hard with pen/pencil to get a indentation
6. in GREAT light (and in my case without my 2 year old around, he would definitely want to grab everything) use your markers to color the words in carefully
7. put a backing on the board
8. hang it up and admire your great work

painting my board
Paper taped to my board
all done on..great to move inside on a table to paint the words..make sure you have AMAZING lighting for this project...good sunny day


No comments:

Post a Comment