follow me

https://www.facebook.com/motherhoodandeverythinginbetween

Thursday, June 5, 2014

"playing school" this summer





This summer I really want to make sure its a summer full of learning and fun. Emily and I have decided to "play" school.  Here is our weekly goals:

Math:
Rocket math worksheets 1 per day (link below)
Count to 120 per day

http://www.dadsworksheets.com/v1/Strategies/rocket_math.html

Reading:
Hooked on phonics-2 lessons
Read 2 books to mom
Read on own 10 minutes
Sight words flash cards/games

Spelling:
Three sentence per day on creative thinking in notebook 
Reflect on stories


History:
1-2x’s per week
Timeline

Science:
1x a week 

Faith:
Daily bible reading
Bible timeline add to 2xs per week
Family Devotions at dinner 


It has been going smoothly so far, my daughter is not loving hooked on phonics yet so I have bribed her with a mommy and me date to get ice cream. Anyway, I feel its really important to use this time at home to learn and grow.

Another thing my daughter and I get through this is one on one time. Which is a huge plus having a toddler brother Emily is often waiting for things, events or time with my husband or I. I really feel this has strengthen our relationship already.

As a past pre-k teacher, I know kids crave routine as well..just having a few scheduled items really puts some structure in their days which children need. Think about it...kids are herded here to there and a lot of time are not given a choice/advanced warning. This give a set thing to do with your child that they can expect.  Plus it takes less then 30 mins a day

No comments:

Post a Comment