follow me

https://www.facebook.com/motherhoodandeverythinginbetween

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Happenings

Summer went by so quickly now its labor day and my kid are putting up fall window clings as I type, although it is still 90 degrees here in Chicagoland.

In May my family took a road trip out east. We visited my cousin, went to Baltimore zoo, DC, Ocean City, Assateague Island. It was a wonderful trip. We stayed with my cousin for a few days met my adorable new nephew, then went off to the beach. I grew up on the east coast, lots of beach life memories came up. It was a wonderful trip. After this trip and our February trip to Florida, we have become a family that drives. I actually really enjoy it. Most of the time I just listen to audible books on my phone.  For a mom, Its nice to just sit for a day :).

In June we had a nice time seeing my grandmother while she visited my uncle, my grandmother is like my kindred spirit or something like that. I remember getting up super early (and I am NOT a morning person) to spend time with her alone when I was a child. A little over a year ago my grandfather passed away, it has broken her heart they were married for over 60 years. It was so hard on us all, but just seeing the loss in her eyes is just heart breaking. Otherwise June was pretty mellow, just getting into our summer groove with visits to the library. We also had a birthday party at the pool for E my 7 year old.

July was a much busier month baseball games with grandparents, raging waves, zoo visit, girl scout camp, western parties, E started taekwondo. This month seemed to fly by quickly. My neighbor was getting rid of a table and I grabbed it to redo it, I think it turned out adorable it Letterpress Grey paint, I was debating keeping it (I definitely do not need another table) or selling it. I posted it, on bookoo.com but no hits on it yet, I have never sold anything like this before. So I guess my hopes and dreams of opening a little painting business might have been hurt a little bit, Hopefully with a better picture it will sell :).

CSA shot with new lens
Items from our garden
August brought two birthday, my son's, R he turned 3. After seeing his sisters party he wanted to have one badly we did a small party at the splash pad with some friends. He is still beaming about ever since. My birthday is the last day of August, the weekend before we got to on on a wonderful trip to the WI dells with my in laws for the weekend. My hubby and I don't usually do big gifts for birthdays, but this year I really wanted a new camera lens, a 50mm. It takes beautiful pictures. The other big August event is back to school. My 7 year old started the second grade. She has been rocking it too. I was ready for melt down central after school. I will say my husband and I have decided no more play dates directly after school has helped with the melt downs.  Its just such a long day she needs some downtime. Even adults can get cranky after such a long day. I also canned/freeze many fresh fruits and veggies. I made jam, homemade soup, salsa, pickles and mango chutney. Lots of fun. We also joined a local CSA, I have been looking looking up new recipes and trying new things. My kids also love getting our boxes and go through them/get excited about them. I have to say it has definitely helped them try new veggies.  We have a very small garden at home too, that they just love too. I am hoping to make a bigger one next year.

Summer flew by looking forward to Fall fun, after all it is my favorite season. This are starting to get going here, Coffee break (bible study), GEMS (my moms group),  Girl Scouts (Im a leader), AWANA (surprise, also a leader)...I have also decided to do a small job 2 hours a week leading a enrichment class for Classical Conversations. I do not homeschool, but loving this opportunity to have a creative outlet.
Farm (esthers place)  I visited with the girl scouts, love this little place

No comments:

Post a Comment