follow me

https://www.facebook.com/motherhoodandeverythinginbetween

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Favorite Go to Easy Meal: Street Tacos

Over the years, I find myself going back to some very simple recipes when I am in a bind. I love to try out new recipes but I find myself having a two year old on my hip and a very curious almost 6 year old that wants to help. This leaves little room for a long process of cooking most days. Here is one of my go to meals that does not take a long time and does not break the bank. I rarely measure, so you will see in my recipes they will be a pinch of this a handful of that. I find it makes each dish unique and less dishes to wash :).


Tacos in many variations

Tradational-made with own taco seasons (cumin, chill powder, garlic powder and salt)

Street Tacos
Need:
Roast
Chili powder, Cumin. salt, garlic powder
Corn Tortias
Onions
Clinatro


Brown Roast on all sides in pan and then place in crocket pot with seasons (about a teaspoon of each) put on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. I find the low setting is always best. When cooled shred with fork. Put into freezer bags for meal portions. Fry meat with onion/garlic in pan until crisp. warm tortias in a potato sack warmer (i bought one at a craft fair and i love it! If you know how to sew make one here is a link to instructions or find on etsy. I found mine at a craft fair...LOVE IT!

http://www.instructables.com/id/Amazing-Microwave-Potato-Bag/)
If you dont have or what to make potato sack just wrap in paper towel.

Put extra onions and cilntro on top. Serve with Guacamole, black beans, salsa


Enjoy! Super easy. I will be posting more of my go to recipes...Since school as started I am leaning more to recipes I can mostly get done before my daughter gets home so I can focus on her when she's home.

No comments:

Post a Comment