follow me

https://www.facebook.com/motherhoodandeverythinginbetween

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Birthdays for adults on a budget



This past week was my husband's birthday. My husband and I have never been ones to spend a ton of money on each other. I just hate that feeling of having to come up with this amazing and often super expensive gift for my husband.  In light of that and having no clue what to get him since he says he wants nothing all the time. I decided to do a little fun activity with my 5 year old daughter. We decided to race around the dollar store and find 5 items for dad, here is what she picked out:
1. Starburst
2. deodorant ("because daddy needs this" lol)
3. Pack of pens
4. a flashlight
5. Worlds best dad mug

My daughter really enjoyed it and so did my husband. It was meaningful and my daughter really enjoyed giving him the gift. Not to mention it was very inexpensive.

Also in keeping of my theme of  being a revolutionist about expensive spouse birthday gifts. We had dinner at home of Lenny's favorite meal..tacos (super easy favorite meal, just sayin') and our traditional ice cream cake dessert we get from Meijer.

I have to say it was one of our favorite birthday celebrates so far :).

No comments:

Post a Comment